Following reports of children playing in the river that runs through the Chicksands estate residents are reminded entering the river is dangerous and prohibited. Please ensure this message is passed on to any children / young persons in your household.
You are reminded:
· The river is fast flowing and there may be hidden currents.
· The river can be difficult to get out of, the bed is silted and has steep slippery banks in places.
· The river can be very cold.
· It is difficult to estimate the water depth.
· There may be hidden rubbish, e.g. broken glass.
· The water may make you ill.